There have been many misconceptions regarding dementia and its care. One of the most common of these misconceptions is that a person who has been diagnosed with this devastating condition can only be cared for in an institution or facility. More recent research has however proven that not only is dementia care Ramsey in the comfort of their own home possible, it is perhaps more beneficial for the patient in the long run.
The primary reason that many people still choose a facility over home care for dementia is due to the fact that the disease affects both the physical and mental aspects of a person’s health. This makes care a challenging prospect for even the most dedicated loved one.
Fortunately, TLC Companions offers a better alternative and that is in-home care by a qualified and trained care assistant. These assistants understand the challenges involved in caring for a person with dementia and how important it can be for their quality of life to receive the care that they need in the comfort of their home, surrounded by loved ones. Experts believe that this can not only reduce the symptoms of dementia but may also slow the progression of the disease.
What Can You Expect From TLC Dementia Home Care?
TLC provides home care solutions that are tailored to the needs of the patient as well as the loved ones. A comprehensive home assistance package includes the following:
– Personal hygiene and care such as bathing and grooming that can become difficult due to the physical impact of the disease as well as the cognitive decline associated with dementia.
– Ensuring the preparation and eating of nutritious and healthy meals.
– Light household chores to ensure a clean and hygienic living environment.
– Ensuring that medication is given at the right times in the correct dosages.
– Running errands such as grocery shopping.
– Ensuring that all medical and treatment appointments are met and providing the necessary transportation.
– And perhaps most importantly, providing companionship and supervision to ensure safety and security.
There is also the option to choose as little or as much care as the patient requires. Whether assistance is necessary for just a few hours every few day or you prefer 24 hour care provided by a live-in care provider, TLC has the right solution for you.
At TLC Companions, the main objective is to deliver quality care while improving the quality of life of a person suffering with dementia. Understanding the symptoms of this challenging disease and being able to offer empathy is key to providing the ultimate care solution. TLC also understands the financial concerns that are often at the forefront of caring for a person with dementia and will provide an affordable solution that fits into your budget.
Don’t let the stress of caring for a loved one interrupt the ability to continue living and enjoying your own life. A busy lifestyle does not mean that a loved one needs to be sent to a care facility. Simply give TLC Companions a call to find out how we can assist you with dementia care Ramsey.