Personal Care in New Jersey
All of our caregivers are certified home health aides (CHHA) who carry a current license from the New Jersey Board of Nursing and are authorized to provide both “hands off” companion care and “hands on” personal care. At TLC we carefully screen every CHHA and perform thorough background checks to ensure the safety and welfare of our clients. TLC also provides all of our home health aides ongoing training to make sure we are always at the forefront of care.
Personal Care Services Include:
- Assisting the client with personal hygiene such as bathing, showering, washing hair, grooming and dressing.
- Assistance with exercises prescribed by the clients Physician or Physical Therapist
- Meal Preparation (with careful attention to dietary restrictions) and feeding the client if necessary.
- Handling errands
- Grocery Shopping
- Laundry and bed linen change.
- Light housekeeping.
- Medication Reminders.
- Escorting client to doctor’s appointments, pharmacy and social events
- Helping client transfer from bed, chair or toilet, assistance with canes, walkers, wheelchairs and lifts.
- Positioning and adjusting positions of client in bed to decrease likelihood of getting bed sores.
- Compassionate, caring and supportive companionship.
- Respite care.
- Following a plan of care developed by one of our registered nurses.
- Client monitoring by one of our registered nurses.
Everybody needs a little TLC!
New Jersey Location
89 Chestnut Street
Ridgewood, NJ 07450